Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday, 1.55pm...

I circle the pasta place 3 times. I'm a hungry carb-shark that has body image issues, so I opt for a schnit sambo down the way.
I look at it being picked up en route to the toaster and wonder if it will be heavy enough for me to consider it 'value' for my seven dollars fifty.
I stand back and watch an impossibly hot and tall hoe approach the counter. She is on the phone to her fat friend and what I first mistake for a sniffle turns out to be more. She has been dumped by whichever hard prick she was discovering the 'soft side' of this month.
The happiness curls over me like a warm blanket. I imagine this feeling is somewhere in the realm of watching your first child being born, or tearing open some freshly boxed audio visual product.
My sandwich weighs a ton.
This is a good day.

PWT

No comments:

Post a Comment